- Normal business hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Delivery and pick up in the Chicago area is available for a reasonable charge during working hours. After hours pick up and receiving arrangements can be made upon request.
- Minimum rental period is one half day. Late returns will incur penalty fees per your rental agreement.
- With few exceptions, early pick up may be made after 3:00 PM the day prior to the rental day at no extra charge. Saturday is a billable day — Sunday is not.
- Weekly rates are three times the daily rate. Weekly rates apply only when made in advance. Extensions are considered new rental periods.
- Reservations are recommended. We reserve the right to charge rental fees for cancellations made with less than 24 hours advance notice.
- All shipments of rental equipment shall be made either freight collect or prepaid with freight fees and carrier insurance charges added to the invoice. All equipment shall be returned freight prepaid, FOB destination.
- All equipment is rented in good condition and is to be returned in good condition, with ordinary wear and tear allowed. Chicago HD Corp. assumes in good faith that operators of rented equipment are knowledgeable and experienced in its use.
- Shipments are FOB our facility. The Lessee is responsible for the equipment once it is accepted by a common carrier.
- In the event any part of the equipment is destroyed, damaged, lost or stolen during the rental period, the Lessee shall continue to pay rent until the equipment is replaced or repaired.
- The Lessee will be given the opportunity, and is encouraged, to inspect and test the equipment prior to its rental. Thereafter, the Lessee assumes full responsibility for all items until returned. Returning the equipment does not waive possible charges for abnormal maintenance and/or repair.
- At no time will rental prices accrue toward the purchase of any rental equipment.
- Prices and specifications in this schedule are subject to change without notice.
- Credit is granted upon completion of an account application and receipt of favorable references. A personal guarantee may be required. Allow five working days for processing.
- Terms are net 15 days for established accounts.
- New accounts get no extended terms and are upgraded to 15 day terms once a satisfactory payment performance is established.
- Cash customers provide a deposit and pay the complete rental fee at time of rental.
- All additions to the original or subsequent rental equipment bill of material are considered new rentals and must also have an advance payment.
Proof of insurance is required for all rentals. A copy of your Certificate of Liability Insurance naming Chicago HD Corp. as Loss Payee can be mailed to our 1 E. Erie Street address or email a PDF copy to us. See an example of a Certificate of Liability Insurance (PDF).
Customers who rent frequently may have their own policy covering leased equipment. In this case, their insurance carrier must provide a current Certificate of Insurance for our file naming Chicago HD Corp. as “Loss Payee” for full replacement cost of the equipment being leased.
- Depreciated value coverage is not acceptable. Coverage stating “only with regards to negligence by named insured” or similar disclaimer is not acceptable.
- Dollar limit for leased equipment coverage is at least equal to the replacement value of the goods being leased.
- Deductible provision of the above coverage must be within credit limits established by our firm for the Lessee or a deposit may be required.
- Rental rates accrue until goods are replaced or repaired.
- Chicago HD Corp. shall be named as “Also Insured” in the liability portion of Lessee’s insurance so defense is provided in the event litigation arises from an incident during lease.
- The certificate must be kept current.
- Large corporations who are self insured may provide a letter for our file acknowledging full replacement of leased equipment that is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Dollar limits also subject to credit limits established for the company by Chicago HD Corp.